Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 9-16, 2014
RV Dreams Boondocking Rally
Arcadia, FL
DAY TWO
It was cold this morning as we made our way over to the Solo CafĂ©, so named because the ladies (Gina, Kyra, DJ and Arlene) who run it are females solo RVers. 
 
 
 
They have quite the little set-up. 
 
Gina had informed me that they would have breakfast around 10AM-more of a brunch than breakfast.  But when we arrived just before 10AM, breakfast was over. 
 
 

They had moved the time up to accommodate Howard who was presenting seminars beginning at 10.  Luckily there was enough eggs and cheese to make a breakfast burrito.  It was yummy.
We chose to skip the seminars because the subjects were geared toward people who are just starting to full-time or are thinking about full-timing.  I spent part of the morning sorting through pictures and writing and uploading the blog.
Monte used his time to create an ingenious hanger for our sign. (A crutch) Normally we would hang the sign from the hitch but because we are facing away from the circle the sign would not be visible.  I teased him about his hard hat.  He said he was tired of hitting his head.




I went for a walk around the outside of the circle. 







 
 
I wasn't paying attention so I don't know who was more surprised when I approached-
the animals or me! 
Hey, this is my pasture. 
A view from the entrance of the circle. 
I walked out to the road 
The road leading from the entrance.
Monte took a ride with Howard on the golf cart to take some pictures of the ladies getting a lesson on T-shirt braiding from Linda.  He never mentioned seeing the demonstration, and because we arrived late to breakfast we hadn’t heard the announcement made about the session so I missed out. 


In the early afternoon, Monte joined a group, led by Howard for a bike ride.
  I opted not to go because it was going to be a 7 mile ride.  I wouldn’t have any trouble biking 7 miles but would not want to do it with a group. 
I like the flexibility of being able to stop when I want to rest
 without holding up a group.
Monte enjoyed the ride.
Watch out for those cow pies.
Early evening was all about the appetizers.  The prior evening, at the hot dog dinner, Linda had asked if the group wanted to do a potluck or just appies.  The appies won out.  There was a wide array to choose from.  Our contribution was pot stickers.
We had a very enjoyable cocktail hour getting to know some people we hadn’t spoken to before-hopefully, by the end of the rally we will have gotten to know everyone.
 
When the sun set it was time to go home to change into warmer clothes and make our way to the campfire.
The warmth from the fire felt great.
Monte just can’t help himself—
That’s my goofball.
When it was announced there were the makings for smores on the table outside the circle, Arlene said, “You don’t have to tell me twice.” 
Almost ready.
Around 8PM I could hear the couch calling to me so we left the group, turned on the inverter and watched TV for a couple of hours before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment