Sunday, August 12, 2012


August 12, 2012

Last night I hooked up our Roku and went online to activate a week free trial for Huluplus which enables you to watch primetime tv shows as long as you have an internet connection.  I spent a couple of hours exploring what it has to offer and think it will be worth the $8 per month.  Not only can you watch shows on the TV but also on the computer, Ipad and Samsung Tablet.  There are also hundreds of movies included in the package. 

It was a wonderful day in Elkhart, Indiana.  We woke up to temps in the 60’s.  It was refreshing.  I made Belgium Waffles for brunch and by the time we set off on our adventure it had climbed to 80.  But it was overcast and there was a slight breeze.  We made the long trip (4 minutes) to downtown and parked. 



 We started off with a leisurely walk along the Riverwalk, which is a neat series of bridges and paths that meander around different parks.






  At one point we came upon a group of ducks and geese sunning themselves along the banks of the river. 



 Monte should play lotto because he sure stepped in enough duck poop to have some luck coming his way. 

We also came upon a squirrel that I tied coaxing to come closer so I could get a picture.  This squirrel kept getting closer and closer and I started getting a little nervous. I guess he was looking for a handout but we didn’t have anything with us. 

 

Downtown Elkhart on a Sunday afternoon is a ghost town. 






All the shops are closed.  We did come across The Midwest Museum Of American Art that was not only open but had free admittance on Sunday. 



 They have quite the collection including two original paintings by Grandma Moses and Norman Rockwell (my personal favorite).





 I did end up leaving a couple of dollars in the donation jar. 






  Back home for some chicken parm.  I put Pumpkin in his harness and leash and tethered him outside so he could get some fresh air.  The next thing I realize is he had gotten out of the harness and was exploring.  It freaked me out.  He has always been an indoor cat and if he took off he would not be able to fend for himself.  So I guess we can’t take him out anymore. 
 We are calling it an early night because we have to be up by 5:30 to get ready for our 6:30 appointment in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment