Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 21, 2014
Englewood, FL
Annie’s view of wildlife right outside the rig.
I wonder if Annie is wishing she could be outside? 
Entire flocks of white ibis 
come around almost every morning digging for breakfast with their longs beaks. 
Annie and I watched this squirrel dig up a nut to enjoy for its breakfast.
 
While I sat outside enjoying the beautiful sunny day Monte did some chores.  Just last week Monte had noticed the gusset on our Swagman bike carrier was rusted and cracked.  The manufacturer sent us a new one.

 
 
 
Here Monte is using O ring lubricant on the rubber seals of a new sewer hose cap.
We went for a bike ride in the early evening.
 
Shortly after this picture was taken my foot slipped off the bike pedal and I took a half fall landing on a chain link fence.   My left ankle hit into the pedal. It didn’t break the skin but I’m sure it is going to be black and blue tomorrow.  I also punctured my right hand.
We cut our ride short because I wanted to get home to put antiseptic on the wound caused by the rusty fence.
We normally wear bike helmets but hadn’t today.  Maybe the little spill I took is a sign reminding us of the importance of wearing a helmet.  I hadn’t hit my head—but I could have. 

Thanks guardian bike angel.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the fall and hope you don't bruise to badly. Good to see you both enjoying yourselves. I wanted to comment to Monty helping out that pelican the other day. He's always there to lend a hand - to us humans or animals. That's awesome they could do it. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete