Tuesday, April 1, 2014



March 31, 2014
Little Manatee River State Park
Wimauma, FL
 After a very leisurely morning we took a ride around the park. 
 When we arrived at the entrance booth we stopped in to visit with one of our fellow volunteers, Darlene, who was manning the booth.
Continuing on we biked to the entrance and then turned around and headed back toward the camp ground stopping along the way at the canoe launch and then the picnic area. 
 
 

After peddling around the camp ground loop we took the path leading to the primitive youth camp.  The road dead-ends at another canoe launch area.





 In the late afternoon I gave Monte a much needed haircut and took advantage of the washer and dryer provided free to the volunteers.
When we took a walk around the compound we discovered a meeting room that has refrigerator and microwave, and a bathroom with a shower. 
   One of the rangers stopped by to let us know that they were going to do a prescribed burning near the compound in the morning and suggested we retract our awning as a precaution against possible cinders.  When I inquired about our using the shower in the meeting room she told us the meeting room had been constructed less than two months ago and we were welcome to use it. 

  I took my shower first so I could start preparing dinner while Monte showered.  When he wasn’t back after a half hour had passed, I thought I should go check that he was okay but when I looked outside I saw him “smoozing” with one of the guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment