Saturday, July 5, 2014




June 29-July 4, 2014

Little Manatee River SP

Wimauma, FL

Sunday-
It was a very lazy, boring day for me. I sat outside in the morning doing my Sunday crossword puzzles until the heat and pesky gnats sent me inside where I alternated between reading and watching TV the rest of the day.

My gums are healing and with each new day I am beginning to feel a little more normal.

Monte replaced the fan in my laptop when he noticed how hot it was getting.

In the afternoon he took a ride into Tampa to visit with his daughter Melissa who works at a downtown restaurant.

He timed it so that he would arrive shortly before her shift was over so they could eat together.

Monday-
My parents were expected for lunch so I started prepping tuna fish.
  Anne loves tuna so as soon as she hears the first turn of the can opener she starts to meow and rub up against my leg. 
"Sure, now you’re my friend!"

The only time I get any attention from Anne is when she knows she is going to get a treat so I take full advantage of it.

Monte spent a few hours mowing and edging.
 

 
We had a great visit with my parents. 

After dinner I served them a dessert my sister-in-law, Margaret had made for Father’s Day. It had needed to be frozen but hadn’t set in time so it had been left in my mom’s freezer until today. I don’t eat strawberry but Monte and my parents said the desert was delicious.

Dad on his new toy.

My pretty mom.
After being in the same place for so long I am itching to move on at the end of July but I have to admit it has been nice being close enough to visit often with my parents. 
Tuesday-

This morning Monte tackled the removal of a mattress that had been discarded from someone at the campground.
  It was heavy from being left out in the rain. He had to cut it up into pieces in order to fit it into the dumpster.

After putting in a few hours he called it quits and began working on his truck-
Monte had been given a free PA system and decided today was the day he was going to install it despite the 96 degrees temperature.

We drove the club car to one of the pavilions after dinner and then took a short hike on the nature trail. 
 
 Even though we had used a liberal amount of bug spray we were assailed by mosquitoes causing us to walk so fast we were almost jogging. 
 
 
 

We had planned on going for a ride after our hike put lightning and thundering had us rushing back home.
Wednesday-

Monte took the tractor out to cut some trails and ended up getting roots stuck in the cultivator. He is going to have fun pulling them out.

I was dreading my first day back to work at the ranger station since my surgery because I still sound funny when I talk. 
Monte tried to convince me that I sounded fine but I can hear still hear the lisp when I say certain words. But it is what it is so I sucked it up and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.
Thursday-
Monte put in a few hours in the garage.
He installed a new compartment cover on the boat.

 Due to the holiday my shift at the ranger station went by pretty quickly with several campers checking in, callers inquiring if there were any sites available and people in line to pay the entrance fee.
There was a prescribed burn in the park a few weeks back-I am amazed at the regrowth. 

Friday-HAPPY 4TH

It rained several times by the time we were ready to leave to visit with Monte’s daughter Jenny and grandsons, Bobby and Nicholas.
 
 

And it rained again as we made our way across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
Nicholas is such a cutie-when I wanted to take a picture of him, he hid behind cards. 
But I managed to trick him. 
Bobby is a great older brother to Nicholas. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment