Saturday, November 24, 2012


November 23, 2012

Oasis Palms RV Park

Thermal, CA

I had a lazy morning lounging around at the pool while Monte started waxing the rig.  Around noon, we made sandwiches and set out to find someplace to have a picnic.  I entered “parks” in the GPS and saw that there was one a little more than ten miles away.  But when we arrived I didn’t like the looks of it so we went to the next park listed in the GPS that was only 5 miles further.  It was a regional park that included a campground along a lake in addition to picnic benches but there was a day use fee of $3 per person.  We were only interested in staying long enough to eat lunch so we tried the next park listed on the GPS.  It was a community park and it turned out to be just what we were looking for.  It had plenty of trees offering shady places.  We selected one, spread out our blanket and ate our lunch.   



 

On the way home Monte dropped me off at Target and then went next door to Home Depot.  I had forgotten it was Black Friday and, even though it was late in the afternoon, the store was still very crowded.  I didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without so I called Monte to let him know I was ready to be picked up. 

When we got home, I sat outside reading for a little while until it got too dark and chilly.  After a simple dinner of chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches we watched a movie and went to bed early.  Monte couldn’t sleep because his shoulder was throbbing.  He had rotator cuff surgery last January that has left him with periodic pain.  We ended up watching another movie that didn’t end until 1:30am and by then were tired enough to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment