Tuesday, August 6, 2013


August 5, 2013
Humbug Mountain State Park, OR
We invited one of the camp host couples, Norm and Cheryl for dinner.  I wanted to include a salad which meant going into town to the market for lettuce. 
I was dreading getting into the car because the prior day we had found evidence that a mouse had gotten into the car.  Monte set a trap and I had mixed feelings about it-On one hand I hoped to find a mouse in the trap because that would give me peace of mind that perhaps it was “the” mouse.  On the other hand I was hoping there would be no mouse because that would mean the mouse had departed. 
THERE WAS A MOUSE.  NOW I AM HOPING IT IS “THE MOUSE”.

After returning from town I did as much prep work for the dinner as I could so I would be able to spend the time with company instead of in the kitchen. 

The dinner went great-we had such a nice time that we forgot to take pictures.
After our company left we sat outside enjoying the fire for another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment