Friday, August 9, 2013

One year Anniversary Reflections
Fifth Month on the Road (December 2012)


The Lost Dutchman State Park has several trails that lead from the park into the Superstition Wilderness and the surrounding Tonto National Forest.  We joined a scheduled hike with a guide who spoke on Medicinal Plants of the Sonoran Desert.
Although we had been to the Goldfield Ghost Town during prior visits to Arizona, we decided to stop and take a few pictures.  It is a cute little touristy thing to do especially with children giving them a glimpse into what life was like in the Old West.  
Boulder Mountain Christian Church in Mesa. 
The kids got to pet the animals from the Live Nativity 
They also got to choose what scene they wanted painted on their face. 
 
The twins had a great time at the sleep-over.
Mesa Temple.  I had read about their spectacular Christmas light display.  AND it truly was SPECTACULAR!  We took many photos but pictures just don’t do it justice.  It is really amazing how simply adding lights to pathways and trees can make something so magical.

We would have liked to stay longer but I was wearing sandals and the temperature had dropped to the 50’s. 
 
The girls spent Christmas with their dad.  While they were away for the week we helped assemble one of their gifts-Of course I had to test out the trampoline to make sure it was put together properly.
                                              We played marathon games of Skip-Bo.
During the month of December we spent a lot of time with my daughter Renee, my two granddaughters and Renee's best friend Deb.
We went to the movies a couple of times, shopped, watched a Walking Dead marathon, celebrated our 9th anniversary as a couple and prepared for Christmas.  I suffered from a bad cold for a few days but recovered in time to attend a house party given by friends of Renee who graciously included Monte and me.
Because we started out our journey mid-year I wanted to do a reflection or recap from the time we departed to the end of the year so that in the future I could do a yearly recap beginning with January.  So This post concludes my reflection or recollection until the end of 2013 when I will post a recap for the entire year. 
I hope you have enjoyed reading about some of our exploits.  I only posted the highlights as the posts would have been very lengthy if I would have included everything we did and every place we explored.
Monte and I are so grateful to be living this lifestyle.  It is a privilege and pleasure to explore this wonderful country we call home.  If we have sparked a fire in you and you decide you want to try living this lifestyle, perhaps we will see you on the road. 
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment