Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 15, 2014

Father’s Day

North Port, FL
We got a little late start for the hour drive down to my parent’s house in North Port.






By the time we arrived it was cocktail hour.









My brother, Jon, and his wife, Margaret, snuggling on the couch. 
After dinner for dessert there were two cakes to celebrate both my birthday and Father’s Day. My mom made a delicious apple torte and Margaret made a yummy lemon concoction.

My mom gave me one candle to blow out after everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. I guess she didn’t have any birthday cake candles. Or maybe as you get older you only get one candle because the cake wouldn’t be big enough to fit all the candles. 59! It would take quite a while to blow out that many candles.
Some of my birthday gifts. 
A bottle of my favorite wine.
A wine goblet built into a plastic sweat free tumbler. What a clever idea.

We toasted to my dad-I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate this special day with him. I couldn’t have picked a better dad-he is funny, generous and very thoughtful. Even though his actions show me how much he cares for me, he still tells me often how proud he is of me and how much he loves me.
On the way home we were rewarded with a beautiful array of clouds. 
 
 
 Luckily we made it home just minutes before the storm arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment