Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 13, 2014

Pinellas, Park, FL

I don’t usually work on Friday but one of the rangers asked if I could cover for her because she had a special project in the field. I had a dentist appointment scheduled for 11:30 so I was able to fill in for her until 11.
But she never made it out of the station because a few minutes after the shift began at 8AM, it began to pour. And it rained the entire time I was there. 
On the way to the dentist's office Monte dropped me off in front of the bank-it had stopped raining by then.  But in the few minutes I was in the bank it began to pour again.

 
After my dentist appointment we went to TacoBell for lunch. When I returned from the restroom, Monte handed me the bag of twists and told me I could finish the rest.



Gee thanks, Honey.











These cute little cars can be seen all around Sun City Center. There are cart lanes running parallel to the highway that allow the cars to shop all along Sun City Boulevard.






The sun cleared up by the time we were ready to leave for Pinellas Park to pick up Monte’s daughter Jenny and grandsons, Bobby and Nicholas. 

 
Jenny and I share the same birthday-the 14th- so we made dinner out a birthday celebration.  We chose Cici's so the boys could go up to the buffet as much as they wanted.  Surprisingly they only made two trips up.
I took several pictures of Jenny but in each one she had her eyes closed so I didn't end up with any good pictures of her.  It is a shame because she is a beautiful woman.

As we were leaving the plaza after dinner, we came across these birds. 
The one bird has a large slice of pizza in its beak--the other birds appeared to be planning their attack 
But this guy wasn't going to let that happen. 
I'm the king of the world, er I'm the king of this dumpster.
Unfortunately, we had to cut the evening short because I had severe heartburn. So after dinner, when we dropped the group off back home, we only stayed long enough to take another picture of Monte and the boys.
It seems like just yesterday that Bobby (on the left) was a baby in diapers.
 Now he is preparing to enter middle school.
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment