Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 25, 2014

Little Manatee River SP

Wimauma, FL

Today sucked!
I was tired of eating jello, applesauce and oatmeal so I made mac and cheese overcooking the noodles purposely so they would be mushy. But when I tried to chew my partial kept coming loose so every time I bit down it was painful. At this point I don’t know if this is happening because my gums are still swollen or because the partial needs to be adjusted. 

I was going to try to wean myself off of the pain medication but by early afternoon the pain won out and I took a pill and then another one just before going to sleep. Unfortunately I didn’t learn my lesson about not taking the medication without a snack and woke up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps.

Part of the instructions I received deals with getting speech back to normal by reading aloud. I sat and read for two hours repeating certain words until I could say them without lisping or whistling.

All in all it was a pretty depressing day. I’m hoping tomorrow is better.

The only bright spot in my day is Monte-he is so supportive and encouraging.

Monte put in a full eight hour day installing a radio in one of the park’s cars. 
This is the Old Radio Transmitter/Receiver unit. 
 Another View of Transmitter removed
 The Space where transmitter was
Control head for old transmitter/Receiver 
 Removed all of the old wiring
Control Head & Transmitter removed (Junk-Obsolete Tech)

Old Bracket was removed and cut down to accept  new Radio Mount

New Radio ready to install
Old bracket cut down and new style bracket installed. 

New Radio installed and powered up waiting for antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment