Thursday, June 27, 2013


June 26, 2013
Cape Blanco State Park
Today is our last day off until we move over to Humbug on Sunday. 
 We decided to do a long hike. 
We had to walk a mile just to get to the trailhead.
 

 
 
 
 
Plants (or weeds) on the trail-They all look beautiful to me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I really like mushrooms and wish I knew more about them and which ones are safe to eat.
 
 
One of my pet peeves is finding garbage on the trail-
Once on the trail to the Hughes House we came upon a fork in the road-one leading towards the Hughes House and the other to a viewpoint.  We chose to go towards the Hughes House. 
 
 Some parts of the trail had us wishing we had a machete because the vines were very thick. 

I’m guessing the trail is not used too often.

 
 
  

Monte started down first and just as he was warning me to be careful because the ground was slick

He slipped.
 
 
We came to a gate and had a choice of going up towards the Hughes House or going down towards the Sixes River.  We chose to go down.
 
 
We came to another gate leading to a beach trail and decided to take it and return home along the shore.
I took time to answer a phone call.
There was quite a difference in temperature by the shore.

We found the perfect log to sit on and eat our lunch.

Without sunlight, everything looked so gray and surreal.
But I saw beauty all around me! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Almost home-I'm tired but it had been a great hike!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment