Sunday, November 9, 2014


November 6, 2014
Gold Head Branch State Park, Keystone Heights, FL
Just before lunchtime I decided to take a walk to the maintenance area where Monte was working.  I had only been there once and for some reason I got it into my mind that it was just around the bend.  It wasn’t!
This is the dirt road leading from our volunteer camp (there are several in the campground) to the main road. 
Some of the cabins for rent.
 
 
The walkway to the ADA cabin is paved.
The road leading down to the maintenance area.
A mile later I arrived at the entrance to the maintenance yard.
Hi Monte.
Firewood available for the volunteers.

 
 
 
 
 
 
On the way back I walked down to Little Lake Johnson.  The lake is aptly named because there is “little” water.
Unfortunately, the lake is a ghost of its former self due to a drought that affected most of the lakes in north central Florida beginning in 2001.
 
 
 
When Monte came home he ate lunch and then took a little nap-his back is a little achy because he hasn’t done the type of physical work he did today since leaving Little Manatee River State Park back in August.

 
 
 
Anne, his little shadow, kept him company.

 
 
 
I sat outside doing one of my favorite things-reading.  The weather was perfect and the scenery beautiful-the only thing marring the experience was the pesky mosquitoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment