Friday, September 12, 2014


Saturday 11, 2014
Surf n Stream RV Park, Toms River, NY
Shortly after 9AM we went to the office to find out what site we would be assigned for the weekend. 

After we moved over to the site Monte spent a couple of hours trying to find a tiny spot through the trees for a satellite connection. He had to move the dish a few times before finally getting a signal.
Again his determination amazed me.  He did it for me because he doesn’t really care if we have TV or not.  Thanks Sweetie.

In the late afternoon we did some shopping.  We are not used to the type of roads they have in Toms River with no left turns and lanes ending without notice so it took us a lot longer to drive to locations because we kept missing our turn.
Hey, Honey this would have come in handy last night.
 I am embarrassed to admit that I had forgotten the significance of today’s date until we watched the evening news.  It is hard to believe that it has been thirteen years since “9/11”.
I can still vividly remember what I was doing when I heard the news.  I sat glued to the TV the entire day both horrified and mesmerized by the images being broadcast. 
Over the course of the next few days and weeks, after the initial shock wore off, it was wonderful to hear and see numerous acts of kindness as people banded together.
I am so proud to be a citizen of this wonderful country.  God Bless America!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment