Friday, September 12, 2014


September 10, 2014
Travel day from Howard, PA to Toms River, NJ

We set the alarm to get an early start because we had to travel almost 300 miles.  I really don’t like traveling that much in one day but we were concerned that if we didn’t get to the park I had selected today we might not get a spot for the weekend.
 
 
Shortly after leaving, I called the number I had listed for the park in New Jersey we planned on staying at for a few days.  I was a little dismayed when I called and got a voice mail.  I had spoken to the manager of the resort a couple of weeks ago and he assured me that I wouldn’t have a problem getting a site because it is their off season. 
 
I tried unsuccessfully calling a couple more times while we traveled. 
 When we stopped at a rest area I asked Monte to check his GPS for the campground number and sure enough there was a different number listed.
When I called the other number listed, the clerk informed me they were totally booked up for the weekend.  WHAT! 

I didn’t have a backup plan.  I was told that they could accommodate us for that evening and would try to see what could be worked out for the weekend by the time we arrived.

We hit a lot of traffic and didn’t end up arriving until 3 minutes after the office closed so we went directly to the site set aside for us. 
There was a picnic table blocking the site so Monte moved it.  He also had to remove a number post for easier access to the very narrow site.  I am constantly amazed at how expertly he maneuvers into a spot.
 
 
Monte had to trim a branch to allow room for our bedroom slide. 
We set up quickly and settled in for the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment