Saturday, November 3, 2018


October 4-5

Deming, NM

We spent two days at the Roadrunner RV Resort in Deming, New Mexico where I received a wonderful surprise in the form of a text from my son Ryan who is in the Army Reserves and was stationed in El Paso, Texas. 

We ended up agreeing to meet halfway in Las Cruces. 
On the drive to Las Cruces we stopped at a unique roadside attraction. 
The giant recycled roadrunner-20feet tall and 40 feet long-was built in 1993 by Olin Calk using items salvaged from a landfill. 
In 2001, Olin stripped off the old junk and replaced it with new junk.


Once in Las Cruces we spent a few hours with Ryan, and his fiancĂ© Jen who was visiting him.  It was great catching up. 
They treated us to dinner at The Double Eagle, known as the jewel of historic Old Mesilla.
 

All too soon it was time to say goodbye.
I got very emotional because
 I don't know when I will see Ryan and Jen again. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment