Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 12, 2014

Little Manatee River State Park

Wimauma, FL
In an effort to get in a few hours work before it got too hot, Monte began working a little after 8am. 
 He took the tractor over to the equestrian campground area. There are four sites that are designated as equestrian. Monte was tasked with filling the sites in with fresh gravel. He has completed two sites already. 
 It is quite time consuming because after the gravel is dumped in the site he has to drive the tractor back to the garage and get the mule along with a water hose and rake to finish smoothing the gravel.
 We took one of the many trails that lead from our compound to the equestrian sites.



I returned with him to the equestrian sites to help. While I sprayed a continual stream of water on the site, he rolled over it and then raked. 

 We repeated this process a few times until he was satisfied with end result.
In the late afternoon I went for a long bike ride, stopping off at one of my favorite places in the park-the old canoe launch.
 
It is so far away from the road to hear any traffic so it is very peaceful. 


I walked the bike on the hiking trail that separates the parking lot from the old canoe launch area to the picnic area. 
 Most of the trail is out in the open with no or little tree canopy offering shade so I kind of baked. 

Along the trail, I came across the entrance to another trail that I hadn’t taken yet. 
 It looked heavily treed so I entered the trail hoping it would offer a little break from the direct sun beating down on my head. 

 The trail is meant for walking –at times it was only wide enough for one person so I had a little difficulty getting the bike through and kept hitting my leg with the pedal. 

I was relieved when I reached one of the pavilions and I was able to dowse my arms and head with water from the water spigot.

No comments:

Post a Comment