Wednesday, May 7, 2014



May 5, 2014
Little Manatee River State Park
 Wimauma, FL
Monte spent the entire day helping one of the rangers put up a corral.  

 
 There is a wild bull roaming the park that they hope to trap. 
 The trail leading to where the bull has been spotted is very overgrown.
 One of the other volunteers, Sharon, helped the guys by cutting lengths of wire.
I spent a lazy morning reading.  After lunch, although it was very hot and I would have rather been a couch potato inside with the air conditioner, I went for a bike ride.  I should have worn a hat because I could feel the intense heat on my scalp.  
 
 I stopped at the old kayak launch to see how much the water had risen from all the rain we recently had.   









Not too bad.  










 I have been borrowing one of the parks bikes.  I hadn’t been riding my bike as much as I would have liked to because it just isn’t comfortable.  I don’t like having to bend down and after a while my hands get numb from the downward pressure on the handlebars. 
The parks bike allows me to sit up straight. I think I see a new bike in my future. 


On my back to the compound, I stopped for a while to just watch this little guy.  
  We stared at each for a while.  He stood frozen until he figured out I wasn’t a threat and continued munching on some grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment