Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 22, 2014

Little Manatee River State Park

Wimauma, FL

The smoke was still quite thick outside so we continued to keep the door and all the windows closed.
This is the slow season so up until this point my shifts at the Ranger Station had dragged because there is just not much happening. But today there was a lot more activity and the five hours went by swiftly.

I had used the park’s bike to get to the station but I left it there so it would be available for rental over the weekend. I was going to call Monte to pick me up but I decided to walk instead taking more pictures of the prescribed burn aftermath.




 
Monte spent part of the day addressing the steering issues with the tractor. 
 Monte removed the ball joint from the control arm to repair steering.







 


Job completed-steering working properly.  Hopefully there will not be any more issues with the tractor so Monte will be able to complete cutting the overgrown trails next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment