Monday, May 26, 2014

May 24, 2014
Little Manatee River State Park
Wimauma, FL
We spent a delightful evening at a dinner party hosted by good friends of my parents in Port Charlotte.
Catching up with my sister-in-law, Margaret 
 
Me with my big bro, Jon 
Me and my sweetie, Monte 
Our hosts, Wolfi sitting next to me and his beautiful wife, Helen across from him. 
What a feast-I was already full after the cocktail hour.  I should have paced my self because homemade manicotti was served next followed by chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  Oh my!
We didn't get any pics of dessert that included homemade peach cake made by a fabulous baker, Ruth and my sister-in-law's homemade carrot cake.   
When Wolfi and Helen arrived home a week ago they found this little cutie in their driveway.  He had a collar on with a leash but no ID.  Over the course of the week they did everything they could think of to find the dog's family including taking him to a vet to see if he was chipped and putting a "found dog" sign on their mailbox. 
No luck-but something happened that they hadn't foreseen--they fell in love with the dog and decided to keep him. 
While we were eating, someone rang the doorbell and left a flier about a lost dog.  We could tell that both Wolfi and Helen were resigned but heartbroken about having to give up the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment