Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22-23, 2013 Humbug Mountain State Park, OR


We spent Monday doing our usual day off chores including laundry, library and grocery shopping. 
In the evening we took a walk down to the lower loop and visited with a couple of the other host couples.
Tuesday we started on a 6 miles hike up Humbug Mountain but only made it a mile.
 







We stopped on the trail to eat lunch.  I was finished with my sandwich first so I told Monte I would start walking and he could catch up with me when he was ready. 





 I did this because I walk much slower than Monte and always feel like I am holding him up when we walk together.
 
I kept expecting him to catch up with me but after walking about ten minutes my phone rang.  Surprising considering we were in the mountain and we don’t usually receive any calls at the campground because of the bad reception.

Monte called to say he wasn’t feeling well and that I should come back.  I rushed back to him.  He said his chest felt tight and he was woozy.   We took our time going down and he spent the rest of the day resting in bed. 

By the time we were ready to go to sleep he was feeling much better.  We don’t know what caused his symptoms and that makes me nervous because we are over 20 miles away from the closest clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment