Thursday, July 11, 2013


July 7, 2013
Humbug Mountain State Park
Seals and Sea Lions was the topic of our program today.
    I’m wearing a sample of the craft we did with the kids.  I had created a sign that showed how seals and sea lions are alike and how they differ. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also brought along our I-Pad to show a video we took of sea lions last fall at New Port.  It showed dozens of sea lions on the wharf barking up a storm.  The kids loved it.

I have been very impressed with how smart most of the kids are who have been attending our programs.  When we ask a question related to the topic of our program they start shouting out the answer before we finish the question.
It is very rewarding to do something and be thanked by not only the kids but also the parents. 
For the first time since arriving a week ago we spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing.  Monte watched TV while I read a book outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment