Friday, November 29, 2013

November 28, 2013
Englewood, FL

It’s crazy but I swear the cold weather is following us.  When we first arrived in Northern Florida the temps were in the 80’s.  Within a couple of days we were wearing sweatshirts and running the fireplace all night.
The same thing happened when we arrived in Spring Hill and now after only one day in Englewood the temps have dropped to the lowest of the year-30s.
Because we have to pay for metered electric we are trying to be very conservative.  We were quite cozy and warm snuggled under our down comforter last night but it was very chilly this morning when we woke to temps in the high 30s.
We turned on our furnace for an hour to take the chill out of the rig.
I went to the screen door to see why our cat, Anne, was whimpering
 only to discover a squirrel had come to visit.  He was sitting on the step looking in. 
In the late afternoon we headed over to my parents house where we enjoyed a fabulous meal. 
My mom did all the cooking.  I offered to help by transferring food from baking dishes to serving bowls.  I placed a tray of stuffed mushrooms on the counter and that is where we found them when it was time to clean up AFTER the meal.  OOPS.
We had so much food that the mushrooms were not even missed.
I feel so blessed this year:
That I am experiencing this amazing lifestyle with my soul-mate, Monte.
That we both are in relatively good health.
That we are spending the holidays with family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment