Saturday, November 30, 2013

  November 29, 2013
A frustrating day in Englewood, FL
After Thanksgiving dinner at my parents’ house I looked over the store ads for Black Friday ads that were actually beginning on Thursday evening.  I didn’t see anything that I couldn’t live without.   I have been thinking about buying a memory foam pillow but they are so expensive so when I saw that Kohl’s had the pillows on sale and was open Thursday night we headed to the store on our way home.
It was already 10:30PM so I didn’t expect to see so many cars in the parking lot.  I found the pillow I wanted at 60% off and headed to the long check-out line.  Monte noticed that there was only one person checking out at customer service so we went there and were on our way out of the store within 20 minutes of arriving.  Not bad.

 
I think we have a resident squirrel. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This little guy had come to visit yesterday and came back today probably looking for a handout. 
This morning Monte began assembling the satellite dish we had purchased on Wednesday night.  After setting up the tripod, making sure it was level he began the process of trying to find signals.  This involved going inside and out to the TV several times to see if we had a signal.  Nope, nada, nothing!

 
 
After a couple hours Monte conceded defeat for that location and moved the dish near the front of the rig.  He spent another frustrating couple of hours with no luck. When he tried calling the store we bought the dish from there was no answer.
Monte called Dish and ended up on the phone with a tech for over an hour trying different things.  We were only able to receive the HD signal so that is not going to work.
I told him we should return the dish because if he is going to have to go to this much trouble every time we want to use it-it is NOT worth it.
It got too dark to see anything so Monte called it quits for the evening.  I’m not sure what we are going to do at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment