Sunday, November 25, 2012


November 24, 2012

Oasis Palms RV Park

Thermal, CA

I had a very lazy day.  The most effort I exerted was when I did a couple of loads of wash.  I took a dip in the pool and read while the clothes were in the dryer.  Monte worked all afternoon on waxing the rig but finally finished up in the late afternoon just before the sun starting dipping behind the mountains. 

We had been disappointed when we first arrived at Oasis Palms to discover that the hot tub wasn’t working because the heat would have helped ease the pain Monte has had in his arm ever since his surgery last January.   So it was a nice surprise to discover that the hot tub was working especially after over-working his arm waxing all day.  We soaked in the tub for a half hour and that night Monte slept much better than he has for a few weeks. 


 

We are going to miss this place when we move on Monday.  We will be slowly making our way towards the RV Resort we will be staying at for a couple of months.  It is located in Apache Junction, less than a half hour drive from where my daughter Renee, her partner Deb and my twin granddaughter live.  I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with them.

I was relieved to get an e-mail from Ryan (my son is on deployment in Afghanistan).  I had sent him an e-mail on Thanksgiving and hadn’t heard from him.  It seems that the base he is stationed at was having some internet issues.  I guess in this modern age of technology it is easy to take for granted being able to e-mail, Skype and IM across thousands of miles.  But every once in a while, when something interferes with that access and I lose communication with him, I am uneasy until I hear from him and can breathe a sigh of relief.  I am breathing better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment