Friday, December 13, 2013

December 12, 2013
Englewood, FL
The following is an excerpt from the piece I posted last year on our anniversary. (December 10, 2012)
Monte and I celebrated our anniversary today.   We were destined to meet.  The reason I believe we were fated to be together is because of all the events that had to happen for us to meet.  I am originally from New York and relocated to Florida for a job.  Monte also moved from Illinois to Florida for a job.  We were both single and decided to give Match.Com a chance at the same time.  When I first enrolled in the on-line dating service I had limited my parameters in distance to 3o miles and the age of the male I was seeking to below 50.  I met some real interesting men but none of them was “the” one.  I was ready to give up but decided to give it one more try and widened the distance parameter to 60 miles from my location and the age of the male to 55. 
When I hit “enter” the first profile that popped up was Monte’s.  I got a real sense of the type of person he was when I read his remarks.  I e-mailed him.  He called me.  We made a date to meet and I knew after the first encounter that I was in “trouble”. 
That fateful meeting was ten years ago.  It was my idea to sell almost everything we own to live a nomadic life and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner to do it with than Monte.
My Mom and Dad took us out to dinner to celebrate this special anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment