Monday, December 23, 2013

December 22, 2013
Englewood, FL
We had a very lazy day-I spent part of the morning sitting outside doing my Sunday crossword puzzles and then spent a very pleasant afternoon in the pool. 
 The true meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with exchanging gifts so Monte and I were not going to buy each other Christmas presents but I was beginning to feel rather scrooge-like at the thought of not handing him a gift to open up Christmas morning so at 10PM we took a ride to Walmart. 

We went our separate ways.  I was having trouble coming up with ideas for gifts because Monte does not really NEED anything and some of the things he would LIKE are just too expensive so what to get?  What to get?
When someone has a sweet-tooth like Monte a visit to the candy aisle is a must.
 
An hour later, Monte called to say he had already checked out and was in the car waiting for me. 

WHAT-I managed to pick up a couple of items.  They are not exciting but hey, it’s the thought that counts, right?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
    Safe travels too.

    ReplyDelete