Thursday, December 19, 2013

 December 17, 2013
Englewood, FL
Monte put on one of his many hats today-this time it was a mechanics hat. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The internal nutplate that was spotwelded to the inside of the frame broke  loose falling into the framework of the body. 
 
 
 
 
The first thing I did was to remove all the moldings on the back side of the backseat so I could have access to the metal framework of the car. 
Now for the fun. 
  After analyzing what to do I took a hole saw and cut a hole in the frame from the inside to give me access to the hole that the gas strut  is attached to. 
After cutting the hole more oblong I was able to hold a nut and lockwasher inplace  and then screwed in the gas strut to finish the repairs. 

 
 
I then reattached the other part of the strut to the hatchback and reinstalled all of the moldings to the inside of the car.  Job finished and probably saved us at least $200 or more dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment