Friday, December 27, 2013

December 25, 2013
Englewood and North Port Florida
Monte and I hadn’t planned on exchanging gifts but we had a change of heart and went last minute shopping a couple of days ago.
I am a crossword fanatic so his choice of a puzzle book was spot-on. 

 
 
 
 
 
  
We have this running joke between us.  I am of the mind that spending a small fortune on a “Hallmark” card is extravagant so I usually either make my own cards or I if don’t have time will buy them 2 for a dollar in the Dollar Tree.  Monte always splurges and gets me a Hallmark card.

 
 
I satisfied the sweet tooth in him by getting him some Twizzlers

 
 
 
 
 
  
And Hersey minis. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next gift was Cheerios
No, not really-I just used the box for his shorts.
My last gift to Monte was a Bear Grylls Sliding Saw.
When I unwrapped a new koozie
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
I figured a new water bottle was sure to follow.  And I was right.

 
 
 
 
 
   
Annie received some special treats for Christmas.
We spent a quiet but lovely day at my parent’s house in North Port.
My Dad wasn’t sure what to make of this Santa can. 
 
 
 
 
 
  
It contained a blend of M & M’s mini cookies and pretzels.
I got a much needed beach towel
My parent’s also decided to feed Monte’s sweet tooth.
For years we have been teasing my Mom about how she opens gifts.  It usually takes her a long time because she carefully lifts the tape up so that the paper can be used again.

 
 
 
This time she surprised us by just tearing into the paper.

 
 
 
 
 
 
I put together this frame from pictures take at our Hoe Down last January in Arizona.
 Merry Christmas
 Frohe Weihnachten
Joyeux Noël
Buon Natale
 

No comments:

Post a Comment