Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17, 2013
Travel day from Las Cruces, NM
To Balmorhea, TX
It was great having a leisurely morning.  We didn’t get back on the road until 11:30. 
Once we passed the Texas State line
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
we stopped at the Visitor Center to pick up a map and brochures. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don’t usually make mention about rest rooms in my posts but have to make an exception for perhaps one of the cleanest public facilities I have ever visited.  (Anthony TX Visitor Center)

 
 
 
 
 
Stop at a rest area for lunch
This is Monte's dream-having his own helicopter.  Better keep playing lotto!
The trip was uneventful with the exception of driving through El Paso. 
 
 Although it doesn't look like it in this picture, there was a lot of traffic and most of the drivers dart in and out. 
I can tell by the condition of several of the cars that they must get into a lot of accidents.  I felt a little stressed in my small car so I could only imagine how Monte felt driving the “Beast”.
We had about a half hour delay waiting to go through a border check. 
 
The only question I was asked was if I was an American Citizen.  They took my work for it.
The road just seemed to go on forever and ever.
By the time we arrived at the Saddleback Mountain RV Park in Balmorhea, Texas at 5PM we were quite ready to chill out.
The sites are very spacious 
 
Saddleback Mountain RV Park accepts our Passport America membership and was a real bargain at only $10/night for a full hook-up. 
As a added bonus we had a beautiful sunset.
 

1 comment: