Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 18. 2013
Travel day from Balmorhea To Junction, TX

OK, so I know one of the reasons I chose to live this nomadic life was to see this great country we are blessed to call home—
 BUT OMG it is so monotonous driving through Texas on I-10. 
I looked at the pictures I took yesterday and they looked just like the pictures I took today. 









Normally we wouldn’t be on such a grind with traveling 200 plus miles a day but there are just not that many exciting places to stop along our route.
Thank goodness my dad hooked me up with several Audio CD books.
I almost forgot to mention how thrilling it is to be doing 60 MPH on an Interstate with a speed limit of 80MPH.  It gets my heart beating just a little faster every time cars up behind me and dart around me at the last minute when they realize how slow I am going.  I even had a couple drivers give me the finger to show me just how much they appreciate how slow I was going.  It is kind of funny in a way because there are signs all along the highway with slogans like, “Share the Road”, and “Be a Friendly Driver.”
It was another uneventful day of driving, stopping at rest areas and driving. 
We got off the interstate for gas but I refused to pay $3.99/gal.  I still had enough gas to go at least another 60 miles but Monte was on fumes so he ended up using the diesel in his reserve tank because he hoped he could find a better price up the road than $4.05/gal.
We exited in Junction and gassed up at the Phillips 66 where it cost $3.39/gal.  The gas station was next to the place we were stopping for the night.  The Segovia River Valley RV Park accepts Passport America.  The instructions I had printed out from the PA site stated that registration is at the Econo Hotel adjacent to the “Park”.  The park being a grassy field.
I stopped at the Econo Hotel where the OPEN sign was lit but the doors were locked.  There was a sign on the door with a number to call.  I called the number and left a message saying we were going to go ahead and pick a spot and we would come to the office to pay when our call was returned.
As of the writing of this post I have not received a return call.  If I don’t hear from anyone tonight I will go back to the office in the morning and try to pay for our stay.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment