Wednesday, October 23, 2013

 October 22, 2013
Travel day from Wallisville, TX to Duson, LA
My mood is definitely affected by the weather because I was a little down yesterday traveling all day with cloudy skies and I was still a little down when I looked outside and saw it was still cloudy and lightly raining.
 
I guess it wouldn’t have been so bad if we were staying and I could just spend the day snuggled with a good book but we were traveling on. 
 
 
 
 
I just didn’t want to stay another night in this large liter box where walking from the rig to my car was like walking through a mine (poop) field.
We both gassed up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Instead of spitting out a receipt I got a message that I should see attendant.  I hate that-it kind of defeats the purpose of paying at the pump.  I wonder if some stations do that to lure you inside with the hope you will not be able to ignore the temptation of the Twinkies at the counter.

 
 
Once on the road,
we quickly passed over the Louisiana State Line
and stopped at the Visitor Information Center.
 
 
 
It was still cloudy and chilly when we pulled into the Frog City RV Park in Duson, just outside of Lafayette.
The sites are large and for an overnight stay the park is okay.  Within a half hour of our setting up, ten more rigs had pulled in.  Not surprising as the park is right off I-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment