Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013
Travel day from San Antonio to Wallisville, TX

We were on the road by 10AM to begin another monotonous day of travel. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were delayed a few times due to road construction
and accidents.  

We stopped at a nice rest area for lunch.
It was cloudy most of the day and very stressful going through Houston with cars darting in and out.
 
 
 
I had called the Turtle Bayou RV Park earlier in the day to make sure they had availability.  The woman I spoke to said she had two spots and if they were still available when we arrived we could take our pick. 
When we arrived at the park, we were directed to park in the site next to the office.  The woman took Monte in her truck to see the other spot available.  I followed in my car because there wasn’t room in the truck for me.  Monte told me later to be grateful there was no room in the truck because it reeked of cigarette smoke.
After seeing the other site (down a steep narrow hill), we decided to stay in the site next to the office even though it is located very close to the highway. 
The first thing I noticed just before I went into the office was a cute cat sitting on the porch.  Then I saw another one and another one. 
By the time I came out of the office after paying for the site there was at least 20 cats.
After setting up I placed our dirty wash in my car and drove the short distance to the laundry room where I was relieved to see there were several washers and dryers and they were fairly new. 
Monte and I make it a habit to take our shoes off when we enter our rig but sometimes I forget. 
I was really glad that I remembered to take them off when I returned from the laundry room because I had stepped in a pile of cat poop. 

Upon closer inspection of the area around our rig I noticed the cats where using the entire area as a liter box.  UGH!
I just can’t wait to see what garden spot we end up at tomorrow night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment