Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7, 2013
Santa Fe RV Park
Apache Junction, AZ
The main focus today was an oil change for my car and new front tires.  I had my tires checked just prior to leaving Florida in July 2012.  I only needed to purchase two tires as two were still good.  We have put on over 30,000 miles in between tire purchases. 
After doing price comparisons on line between a few dealers, I decided to buy the tires at Walmart.  This way if there is a problem with the tires I can take the car to any Walmart in the country.
We asked the tech to rotate the tires from the rear to the front and put the new tires in the rear.
When we picked the car up the first thing we noticed was that the tires had not been rotated.  The tech pulled the car back into the bay.  A few minutes later he asked us to follow him into the garage because he wanted to show us that the old tires we had wanted placed in the front had cuppings.  He said if the tires were to be put on the front it would cause vibrations and be noisy. 
He thought the cupping was caused by suspension issue and that I might need new shocks.
We told him to leave the new tires in the front and Monte is going to price new shocks.
When we got back in the car I took a closer look at the final bill and noticed I had been charged for an oil filter.  What-I thought the filter was included in the price of the oil change.  We went back into the tire center and pointed out the charge to the clerk.  She said it was an error and gave us a credit.  HUMMMM.  I wonder how many times people are charged for the filter and don’t notice it???  
Back home we took advantage of the pool and had a very enjoyable hour chatting with snowbirds from Michigan who have been wintering in Apache Junction for years.  They bought very nice park model and just rent the lot on a yearly basis for $2,500.  WOW.  Something to keep in mind for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment