Saturday, October 13, 2012


October 12, 2012

It was overcast so Monte decided this would be a good day to do some partial installation of his air horn.  It turned out to be a lot more difficult than he originally thought it was going to be because he didn’t have a particular tool he needed to take off the seat belt bolts.  So he had to leave the seat belts attached and was only able to bring the headliner down to the top of the seat belt molding which meant he had a small area to work in. 




 After drilling holes in the desired location on the roof, Monte installed the horns and then routed the airline through the frame and down the dash but it is not hooked up yet so the horns look impressive but are not functional.  It took hours to accomplish but he managed to get step one of the installation completed before nightfall. 



The next step will have to wait until we are at another location.  We will only be here another two days.  We have planned a hike for Saturday.  We should do some laundry on Sunday and some pre-departure chores.

I relaxed most of the day by watching a movie and then sitting outside reading until it got too chilly.  I took steaks out of the fridge in preparation of grilling them but when I saw Monte was still engrossed in his air horn installation, I put them back in the fridge and made a pizza instead.  It was the first time I baked a pizza in our toaster/convection oven.  I learned for future reference to rotate the pizza every few minutes because the front was a little underdone and the back burned a little. 

This was the first night that I missed having a DVR because there were 4 shows that I used to watch in our “old life” on at the same time and I had to choose which one to watch.   I chose the one that was on CBS because I can’t get that station on Huluplus.  The other shows I can catch up on when we are at place that has wifi.  Monte fell asleep by ten and I found myself nodding off before eleven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment