Thursday, October 25, 2012


October 25, 2012

Reflection Lake RV Park & Fishing Campground

San Jacinto, CA

 This morning, as we were getting ready to leave, the sun was shining and there was no wind.  We were on the road by 10:30 and other than being delayed by a passing train, we made good time until we turned onto I10.  So many of the drivers were rude cutting us off and darting in front of us and I found myself gripping the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white.  

 I was relieved when we arrived at the Reflection Lake RV Park.  BUT that relief was short-lived for several reasons.  The first problem we encountered happened when Monte pulled into the entrance of the park.  It was so narrow that he had to back up and pull forward a few times to avoid hitting the curb.  I went inside the office to start registering and Monte joined me after he found a place to pull over safely.

We were assigned site number 29 but only 3 of the 57 sites were being used so the clerk informed us that if we weren’t happy with the assigned site we could choose another.  Monte got in my car and we made the loop to check out the sites.  Site 29 was okay but we continued on to see if there was another one we would like better.  We decided on site 52 so I drove Monte back to the front of the park and dropped him off at the rig.

The second problem we faced was the FLIES.  There were swarms of them.  We later found out that there is a chicken farm nearby.  After we got set up and I opened the door to the rig the first thing I noticed was there was spilled milk all over the floor.  We have never encountered a problem with anything falling over in the fridge so it was quite a surprise and a big mess.  I had to empty the entire fridge, wash it out, and wipe all the contents. 

After all that was done, I booted up my laptop and attempted to log on to the internet.  There were no instructions on the sheet I had been given at registration so I called the office but no one answered.

I raised the antenna, turned on and programmed the TV.  We were able to receive 5 channels, 2 only showed infomercials and the other 3 were in Japanese-Yes I said Japanese.  UH? 

We were in the mood for pizza so we took a ride into the town.  San Jacinto is an attractive town with several middle-income housing developments and all the usual chain stores and restaurants.  We found a place called My Mama’s and ordered a medium pizza.  While we were waiting, the waitress served the table next to us.  It was braised chicken that smelled and looked mouth-watering.  We wished that we had seen the chicken before ordering the pizza but it was too late.  But the pizza was delicious. 

After we ate we made the customary trip to Walmart for a few items and then back home.  We had planned on doing laundry but were just too tired so we decided to put it off until tomorrow.  We were hoping that we were going to like Reflection Lake because the rate was reasonable and it would have been nice to stay for at least a week.  BUT between the flies, limited TV reception, no wifi and duck poop all over the place, it does not have the WOW factor so we will be moving on tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment