Saturday, October 27, 2012


October 26, 2012

Lake Park RV Resort and Lodge

Lake Elsinore, CA 92530

We slept okay and thought maybe we had been too hasty about wanting to move on today until we opened up the door and were met with the fresh smell of manure from the nearby chicken farm.  We tried to make a mad dash out the door without letting in any flied but were unsuccessful as at least 20 flew in.  I knew ducks had been waddling around our site by the evidence they had left behind that was difficult to avoid stepping in. 

I had researched several places a few days earlier but all of them were heading east and I thought it might be nice to head west toward the coast so it was back to the drawing board (in this case the laptop).  First, I checked campgrounds that accept the PA membership and then looked on RV Park Reviews to see what they had to say about the parks. 

Lake Park RV Resort and Lodge in Lake Elsinore sounded nice and had good reviews.  I called the office and spoke to Judy who sounded very chipper as she assured me they had availability and that the PA rate of $15 a day would be good for up to five days. 

The drive from Reflection Lake to Lake Elsinore was less than 1 hours and I knew as soon as we turned into the driveway that we had made a good decision in coming here.  The grounds were well manicured.  We went in the office and met Judy who was just as bubbly in person as she had been on the phone.  I told her we would be staying one night (I didn’t want to commit us to more than one night just yet) and she said she was sure we would be back in the morning saying we wanted to stay at least the 5 days allowed at the PA rate.  Judy gave us a map that showed which sites were 5o amp and told us we could pick any site that was empty.  We drove up and down the rows and settled on C2, a gravel pull through site.  There wasn’t enough room for my car so we parked it near the office, a short walk away from the site. 

We did a partial set-up and then went in search of Taco Bell because I had a craving for Nachos Bell Grande.  Lucky for me we only had to go ¼ mile and fifteen minutes later we were sitting down and I was devouring my gooey cheesy plate of deliciousness with relish.  The funny thing is that when I ordered the Nachos, I was asked if I wanted chicken or steak.   Back in Florida, Nachos Bell Grande only comes one way, with chopped beef.  The Taco Bell we went to was also a KFC and Monte opted to order fried chicken with two sides.

Back home, Monte continued with the outside setup and I took two baskets of wash to the on-site Laundromat.  My timing was perfect as the spotlessly clean laundry room was empty and I was able to do all four loads of wash at the same time.  After getting the wash going, I went next door to the swimming pool and sat down at the edge, dangling my feet in the water while reading.  It was very hot so the cold water felt really good.

Later on, back at the rig, it was nice to be able to sit outside (without being attacked by flies) and continue reading until it got too dark.

We were still full from our big lunch so we just finished off the remainder of the apple pie we had purchased the prior week when we had stayed at Tule Campground and attended the Springville Apple Festival.

We watched a couple of hours of TV and then went to bed with the absence of noise.  No highway noise- No yapping dogs-No trains whistling-No ducks quacking-no flies buzzing in my ear.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment