Friday, October 5, 2012


October 5, 2012

Chinook RV Resort, Klamath, CA

I spent a couple of hours researching our next destination.  I found a place (in a National Forest) that sounds wonderful but when I called about availability I was reminded that it is a holiday weekend and they cannot guarantee any sites will be available.  I was advised to make a reservation.  I don’t like doing that because there are too many variables and don’t want to take a chance losing our deposit.  We decided to stay put until Monday and then drive the 225 miles to the campground in the forest and take our chances.  We think the odds will be more in our favor if we arrive there Monday afternoon. 

That having been settled I did some housekeeping and laundry while Monte started a project.  He made a shelf for our DVD player in the bedroom. 





 Up until now every time we wanted to use it we have to put it on the dresser and set it up.  Our cat Pumpkin, likes to look out the bedroom window so he jumps up and sits on top of the DVD player.  I wouldn’t mind except that when he jumps off the DVD player he pushes the eject button with his paw which opens the DVD disc slot.  I think it is just a matter of time before he jumps back on the DVD player and snaps off the disc tray.  There was just enough room between the top of the TV and the ceiling for the shelf.  The DVD player is now permanently affixed to the shelf with Velcro so we don’t have to take it down when we move. 

I was a couch potato in the afternoon, alternating between watching a movie and nodding off.  I am not sure what we will do tomorrow.  We discussed taking the kayak out again or taking the bikes to Elk Meadow.  Or maybe we will have another lazy day.  Tough decisions!   

No comments:

Post a Comment