Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7, 2013
Henderson Beach State Park, Destin, FL
It rained the entire morning so I took advantage of the time to research where we can go next.  I really like staying at the State Parks but unfortunately when I checked on-line at ReserveAmerica there was not one site available at any of the State Park within 100 miles of our current location.
When it stopped raining I took a walk around the campground loop.
  All of the sites are huge and are very private being separated by vegetation. 
 
It is so sweet how some people personalize their sites. 
We took a ride to the nearby Okaloosa Area of the Gulf Islands National Seashore and watched a few guys kite sailing. 
 
 
Back home, thrilled that the sun had finally come out, we bundled up and took a walk down to the beach.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was neat watching these birds swoop down and grab fish and fly off with them. 
 
 
 
I thought I spotted fins and sure enough it was a couple of small sharks feeding off the fish. 
They were really close to shore and I was glad that it was cold or we may have decided to take a sunset dip-I shudder at the thought! 
We are going to be sorry to leave this little slice of paradise.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment