Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 10, 2014
Dinner in North Port, FL
I had an extremely stressful morning dealing with Dish.  We have had an ongoing issue with our bill since December and every month when I call I am assured that the problem has been settled once and for all.  And when I receive the statement the next month---surprise, surprise, surprise—the issue still exists!
BUT, this morning, after being transferred several times (as I got agitated and insisted on speaking to someone above the person I was speaking to) I finally spoke to someone who actually handled the issue and I can report the four month aggravation saga is finally OVER.
The original issue stemmed from a receiver we had purchased in Camping World.  After only a few months the receiver was not working properly.  When we called Dish they said that they would send us a replacement receiver (even though we hadn’t purchased the receiver from them) and waive the $75 fee as long as we return the defective receiver within 30 days.  Even though we returned the receiver on time we were still charged the $75 fee.  I had the bill set up as direct payment through a credit card so the issue became me trying to get a refund or credit for the $75.
Every month when I called I got a different person who would start off by telling me the $75 was a legitimate fee.  So I had to go into the entire saga with the end result of the agent telling me it would be credited on the next bill.  AND of course it wasn’t.    I’m glad the issue is settled-I was not looking for something for nothing—just wanted to be treated fairly and get what is due me. 
Okay, before I finish with my rant I will just say that the entire experience left me with a really painful stress headache that lasted the entire day.
We stopped off at Sam’s Club before going to my parent’s house for dinner.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sitting in their lanai (little slice of paradise) was calming.
 
 
 
 
My mom made meatloaf, a dish that is oft-requested in our family and as usual it was delicious. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment