Monday, March 24, 2014

March 22, 2014
Englewood, FL
DINNER WITH FAMILY
Monte tried tempting a couple of the squirrels hanging around our rig with some stale bread.  
  One squirrel came close enough to grab a piece and run away.
When I saw they weren’t really interested in the bread I brought out some nuts I had left over from Thanksgiving.  Again only one squirrel came close enough to grab one and then ran away.  I guess we have very choosey squirrels around this place.


In the late afternoon we drove the one and a half miles to my brother’s house.    
While I sat outside with my parents,
Monte stayed in the kitchen taking pictures of my brother Jon making seaweed balls.  WHAT!  I passed on trying it because the ingredients included smoked salmon.  I am not a fish eater.  Monte tried it and liked it.
After a variety of appetizers, some of us went outside of the lanai to play Ladder Ball or as my Canadian sister-in-law calls it, Moose Ball.

 
 
 
There are two sets of ladders with three rungs, each rung scoring a different point value. 
 
 
 
The object of the game it to toss a bola (two golf balls attached to each end of a rope) across to the opposite side ladder and hope the rope wraps around a rung of the ladder. 
We divided into two teams.  My sister-in-law Margaret and her friend Nancy made up one team against Monte and me.   It was my first time playing and it showed.  I pretty much sucked at it. 
But it was fun.
After a delicious dinner we sat around talking and laughing for a couple of hours before calling it a night.

1 comment: