Friday, April 26, 2013


April 25, 2013

Boulder Beach Campground
 Lake Mead Recreation Area
 Boulder City, NV
We slept great last night—it was sooo quiet.  For the first time in months I was able to open up our door early in the morning-before 8am because it was already in the 70’s.  Of course I can already foresee a time in the near future when I may be complaining about the heat—what fickle creatures we humans are!
After a quick breakfast of oatmeal
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 and returning some phone calls, we set out for a day of shopping in Henderson. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But first I entered “parks” in our GPS and it directed us to this very pretty community park. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We selected a picnic table away from the water sprinklers and no sooner had we sat down when the water sprinklers started in the area we were sitting. 
 
 
 
We felt a slight mist when the wind blew the water our way but it was refreshing so we didn’t mind.
 
We could see Las Vegas in the distance as we drove into Henderson. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our first stop was at Sport Chalet.  We didn’t need anything but Monte had a $10 rewards certificate and he wanted to use it before it expired. 
 
 
 
 
We walked around the store for a half hour before I suggested he use the certificate towards a pair of hiking socks.  He still had to add $3.00.

 
 
 
 
 
Continuing on a half mile to our next stop, we arrived at Sports Authority.  I had an $8.00 rewards certificate.  We walked around and there was nothing I really needed.  Almost everything I looked at I would have had to add money so I settled on a couple of S biner carabiners that totaled less than $8.  You can never have enough carabiners. 
After a quick stop at Wells Fargo to withdraw some money (Boulder Beach campground only accepts cash)
we made our way to Camping World.  After ten minutes I had walked the entire store and had not seen anything I couldn’t live without so I told Monte to take his time and I went into the lounge and worked on some crosswords puzzles.  (I always carry puzzles with me for times like this)

Monte bought a Little Red Campfire cook top that fits on top of our Little Red Campfire and would enable us to cook outside.  He also bought some licorice to satisfy his sweet tooth.At our last shopping stop we split up-I went into Walmart for a couple of grocery items while Monte went into the 99 cent store to buy Mountain Dew.
Rush hour was beginning when we were ready to head home so I looked on the map and saw that we could enter the Lake Mead Recreation Area at the Las Vegas Bay entrance station, only 6 miles way and take the Lakeshore Scenic Drive back to Boulder Beach.
It was a good decision because the road was almost deserted. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We stopped at only one of the scenic overlooks along the way. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I climbed up on a picnic table to get a better view. 
 
Once section of the road gave the illusion
 of the road leading directly into the water.
It was a beautiful night with just a slight warm breeze.  After dinner we took a walk and then sat outside watching TV for a couple of hours.    

No comments:

Post a Comment