Tuesday, April 9, 2013


April 8, 2013

Boondocking in Sedona, AZ

A most cold and windy day!
We slept until 8:30.  That was late for us considering we have been waking up around 6am.
It was extremely overcast.
 
 
 
 
 
We only turned on the inverter long enough for me to make some coffee and watch a little bit of news.    
 I  had planned on grilling some steaks for lunch but it was way too windy to cook outside so I pan fried them instead.
Monte put rocks on the mat so it wouldn't blow away.
We spent most of the day feeling the rig shake from the 40-50 MPH winds as we listened to the slide toppers flapping. 

 
 
 
 
  
Our batteries hovered between 70% and 75% so around 4:30 Monte decided to hook up the generator.  Of course it was stored in the middle of the basement buried under other things.

 
 
 
 
After moving the items that had been in the way of the generator to my car, Monte pulled it out of the basement and carried it to the rear of the rig.

 
 
 
 
 When I first came outside I had on a sweatshirt but within a few minutes the frigid temps had me running inside for my winter jacket and gloves.
Monte added gas to the generator
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
using a funnel with a fuel level indicator that worked like a charm. 

 
 
 
 
 
  
It was so cold and windy that I was tempted to retreat back into the warmth
 
but I wanted to get pictures of Monte setting up the generator so I braved the raw temperatures.

 
 
 
 
 
 I took the following pictures while Monte was setting up the generator.  The sun tried peeking through a few times during the day but most of the day was cloudy.




Back inside I settled in with a new book and Monte watched a movie on TV politely using his wireless headphones so as not to disturb me.  He is so thoughtful.
Neither Monte nor I were hungry after having had such a large lunch so we just snacked on some potato chips.
When the generator was turned off after two hours our batteries had charged to 84%.
We watched a couple of shows on TV and called it an early night.
Today was the first day, since our little Pumpkin wandered off, that we were able to laugh instead of cry as we recalled some of his antics.   We will be leaving in a day or two and I know it is going to be emotional.  Although I have pretty much accepted he is not coming back, as long as we were still at the same site where he wondered from I still have that small glimmer of hope he would return.  When we pull out of the site it will be FINAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment