Tuesday, April 9, 2013


April 9, 2013

Boondocking in Sedona, AZ

It rained through the night and was very cold but we were warm enough under our down comforter without using the furnace.  Monte did get up and turn on the furnace at 6:30.  Within 10 minutes we were warm and toasty. 
     Our battery was only at 71% so Monte turned on the generator for an hour so I could make coffee and watch the news. 
It was still very overcast so it was doubtful we would get a full charge today.  We tossed around the idea of leaving this morning.  I started doing research on nearby RV resorts where we could stay for one night to dump our tanks, take hot showers and do laundry. 
The sun started to peek through so at 9:30 we made the decision to stay one more day.   I really didn't want to leave because it had been one week since our little Pumpkin disappeared.  I found out later that Monte hadn't wanted to leave for the same reason. 
I was starting to suffer from “Cabin Fever” so I suggested we take a ride to the arts and crafts village of Tlaquepague.  (Pronounced Tia-keh-pah-keh)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The village is a collection of shops, art galleries and restaurants surrounding Spanish style courtyards complete with fountains and statues.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I treated Monte to haystacks-one of his favorite treats from a chocolate shop.

 
I always tell Monte
 that I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my Prince.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



 


 



 


 


 



 



 


 



 


 


 



 



 
This was one of my favorite pieces of art.
 


 


Our cat, Pumpkin, could have been the model for this statue.
 



 



 



 


Back home, it was “warm” enough to sit outside and read-well warm enough with a wool hat and jacket. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While I was enjoying a glass of wine and a good book, Monte fixed one of the folding chairs where a rivet had come out replacing it with a screw.

When it got cold enough to need gloves I retreated inside to finish my book. 





The sun finally poked through the clouds and gave us a 100% charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment