Thursday, August 28, 2014


August 26, 2014
Mor/ryde, Elkhart, IN
We were up and out of the rig ready to bring the slides in by 6:30am so our mechanic could continue working on the repairs.
Dish Setup Looking at the Rain 
 
Now What?
Wheel Bearing Repacked waiting for Tires 
New Completed Rebuilt Suspension Hanger to be mounted. 
Axle waiting to be raised into place.
Raising into position for welding. 
Axle hanger being welded into place. 
Finished hanger welded onto the frame. 
Ultra-Fab Landing Gear installed improperly by
RV-Merchandising of Englewood Florida.
The Leg should have the support stops of the leg
facing inwards to allow support of the landing gear
on both sides of the brackets.
They failed to read the instructions properly and installed
it how they wanted to do it instead of the right way.
Beware of shoddy work!
Way to go RV-Merchandising.
We spend most of the morning in the very comfortable customer lounge-I researched some possible places to stay on our route while Monte surfed the net.
I have a very painful sore on my gums so I was pleasantly surprised to discover there was an Aspen Dental nearby.  When I called I was expecting to hear that it would be days before I could get an appointment but when I called I was thrilled to get an appointment for 2Pm TODAY!
Before we left for the appointment we were informed that our repair was complete.  We got permission to stay another night in the parking area.  The insurance company hasn’t made a decision yet on the claim so we said we would settle up tomorrow before we leave.  The bill for the repair came to over $2,000, almost as much as the original installation had cost us two years ago!

Kim, at Aspen Dental, was my savior as she adjusted my partial by grinding down the area that was irritating me and OMG what a difference.  I had originally opted to go with Aspen Dental because they have so many locations throughout the country—a good decision. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment