Monday, August 11, 2014


August 9, 2014
Travel day from Al Sihah Shrine Park, Macon, GA
To Jim Miller Park, Marietta, GA

Knowing we only had a little over one hundred miles to travel to our next destination we had a leisurely morning.  I began getting the inside ready.  Annie knows when we are preparing to leave.   She has become such a good little traveler that it doesn’t seem to bother her.

 
I heard Monte mumbling outside-it turns out there where pinholes in the sewer hose that he discovered when waste began oozing out of them. 
After Monte dumped he forgot to ask me if I was finished with the water and unhooked and stowed the water hose.  I still had dishes to do so he had to re-hook. 
Staying in one place so long has gotten us out or our routine.  What should have been an easy departure preparation had turned into a major pain in the butt.
Finally, we were ready to leave.  When we compared GPS routes we discovered they were totally different.  When that happens, we usually follow Monte’s route because he has a GPS that is geared toward save routes for RV’s.
We had planned on stopping an hour into the drive to eat lunch but there just weren’t any places to stop along the way, so we kept going.  There was quite a bit of traffic as we entered the Atlanta area.  I was stressed driving a car in those conditions so I could only imagine how difficult it is for Monte driving a big rig while cars dodge in and out of his lane.
I really had to make sure I stayed in back of him as we made our way through different highways because my GPS froze up. 
The park we were planning on staying at was part of the Georgia State Fairgrounds.  The turn into the campground was not clearly marked so Monte passed the entrance.  Luckily he was able to pull into a middle turning lane to avoid holding up traffic.  I pulled in behind him and called the number I had listed for the park. 
The woman who answered was very helpful.  When I described where we were she said we could use the entrance nearest to us.  But in order to do that Monte had to back up approximately 150 feet.  He accomplished it easily.  The woman from the office came out to move two sets of large traffic barrels to allow us to enter the campground.  We really appreciated her doing that-she could have easily told us we had to use the entrance we has passed that would had meant driving 3 or 4 miles around.
We were instructed to just pick out an empty site, and return to the office to pay after we were set up.  There were only two other rigs in the campground so we really had our choice of sites. We chose a site near the lake. 
After paying for two nights, we took a ride through the historic district.  It was hopping with people.  I was torn between wanting to park and walk around and going home because I was tired.  We ended up picking up a pizza to take home and just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment