Thursday, August 7, 2014


August 6, 2014

Travel day from

Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park, White Springs, FL

To Al Sihah Shrine Park, Macon, GA

With Monte taking care of the outside and me the inside it took less than an hour for us to get ready to leave. 
We had a little delay at the dump station waiting for another rig to finish up. 
After stopping for gas we were finally on our way at 10:30.
 
We crossed into Georgia and stopped at the Visitor Center to pick up some brochures.
 
I started noticing signs for gas at $3.15/gal.  I was sorry I had gassed up before leaving Florida because I had paid $3.49/gal. 
We stopped one more time to take a break and eat the lunch I had prepared this morning.
When I called the park we planned on staying at for a couple of days to inquire about availability, I was told I wouldn’t need a reservation because they had a few sites open.    A few sites!-There was only one other rig in the entire campground. 
Well I wouldn’t really call it a campground—more like a big grassy field but it does have full hookups.

The manager, who came out of his house when I pulled up, told us to just pick a spot and he would be down later to settle up.
Well all-righty then-Monte selected a spot while I drove over to the comfort station.  I really had to use the facilities by this time so I tried to ignore all the grasshoppers on the floor of the bathroom while I took care of business.
 
It was very hot while we set up and the gnats were fierce.  Monte had to use leveling pads.
I wasn’t sure how many days I was going to tell the manager we were going to stay.  When he stopped by he told us he was going to be gone the next day and that we could pay him on Friday or Saturday if we wanted to stay until then.  Works for us.
BUT finally by 5:30 we were sitting inside cooling off watching TV, happy to be relaxing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment