Friday, June 28, 2013


June 27, 2013
Cape Blanco State Park
 
We had the afternoon shift at the lighthouse.   It’s strange but the trend has been that we get more visitors when it is rainy, windy and foggy.  Today was really nice.  The sun was poking through the clouds and it was warm with gentle gust of wind.   And we were slammed with non-stop tours. 
Quite a few of the tours included teens.  Some exhibit body language (arms crossed or attention tuned to their hand-held device) that shows me they couldn’t care less about what I had to say leading me to believe they were “dragged” to the lighthouse.  Other teens ask me questions and actually look through some of the logs on exhibit in the Work Room. 
I was surprised when the host in the Greeting Center called up to say that our last tour of the day was on their way up.  The time had really “flown” by.
Back home, the weather was so pleasant that Monte and I sat outside for a while doing one of our new favorite pastimes--watching the hummingbirds come and go to the feeder we set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment