Thursday, May 16, 2013


May 15, 2013

Acorn Campground
New Hogan Lake,
Valley Springs, CA
It was a lot cooler today, only the low 80’s.  It had been close to 100 for the first couple of days we were here. 
It was another lazy day for me.  I spent part of the day on the computer and part of the day reading.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The most effort I exerted was when I grilled Italian sausages for lunch accompanied by peppers and onions.  YUM

 
 
 
 
 
 
Monte spent quite a bit of time servicing our bikes. 
This ant caught his attention. 
He was fascinating watching him tug and pull the larger bug.   I’m not sure where he was taking it-maybe home to his family.
In the early evening, Monte took a bike ride around the campground while I made dinner.  He forgot to take his camera along with him but he said he saw a jackrabbit, geese, a bunny and a pigmy rattlesnake.
After dinner Monte took a walk down by the water, this time remembering to bring his camera. 
 
 
 
We are really enjoying this area we just happened to stumble upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment