Sunday, May 5, 2013


May5, 2013

Boulder Beach Campground
 Lake Mead Recreation Area
 Boulder City, NV
I woke up at 3am with a leg cramp.  I scared the hell out of Monte when I screamed, but he jumped out of bed and massaged my leg until the pain subsided. 
After a leisurely morning I made pancakes.  Then I sat outside and did my Sunday crossword puzzle while Monte researched solutions for the fridge not being as cold as we thought it should be.  Our neighbors, who have been full-timers for 10 years, told us the fridge not being cold is not uncommon in hot temps.  (We had several days in a row where the temps exceeded 100.)
We ended up taking a ride into Henderson so Monte could buy a fan for the fridge. 
I decided I wanted to take one more ride into Las Vegas only 10 miles away from the Camping World.
We went to Circus Circus
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 and caught the tail end of one show. 
 
I went back to the slot machine I had won at the week before and won $70 within a couple of minutes.  I cashed in the voucher, pocketed $60 and gambled with the rest. 
While I was playing the slots Monte caught another circus act.
 
By the time we left Circus Circus and I called it quits, I was up $45.
After a quick dinner, Monte started installing the new fan.
Of course the tools he needed were buried
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 and he had to take apart half the basement to find them.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was quite dark by the time finished with the installation.  Hopefully, the fan will make a difference with the cooling of the fridge.
While Monte was working, our neighbors came over and brought me a bottle of wine as thanks for inviting them for a BBQ the previous evening.  We are both moving on in the morning and, although we have only known them for a few days, we feel like they are longtime friends and we will miss them.  Hopefully our paths will cross somewhere down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment